3M Australia develops, manufactures, imports, exports and distributes a wide variety of products to the consumer, commercial, medical, pharmaceutical and industrial markets.
We respect our social and physical environment. As such, we are committed to sustainable development, responsible environmental management, resource conservation, waste reduction, pollution prevention and compliance with relevant legislation and other requirements.
These commitments are achieved through the implementation and continual improvement of our Environmental, Health, Safety & Quality Integrated Management System, including the establishment, communication and regular review of our environmental objectives and targets.
These commitments are achieved through the implementation and continual improvement of the Integrated Management System, including the establishment, communication and regular review of Environmental Objectives.
- Develop and implement an annual Environment Improvement Plan for all locations.
- Undertake Life Cycle Management for all products designed, developed or manufactured within Australia.
- Develop and implement an annual National Packaging Covenant Action Plan.
- Preferentially select contract manufacturers and service providers who are able to demonstrate their environmental responsibility via their adoption of an environmental management system or certification to ISO 14001 and who are signatories to the National Packaging Covenant and, where necessary, are appropriately licensed to provide goods and services.
- Minimise waste in our operations by promotion of reduction at the source, reuse and recycling.
- Reduce energy and resource consumption.
- Design energy and resource efficiency into new buildings and services.
- Communicate the policy and these objectives to our employees, contractors, vendors, suppliers and the public in order to enhance the awareness of these groups to our commitment to responsible environmental management.
- Provide our employees with the appropriate training and resources to fulfil our environmental objectives and obligations.